Our patients know that regular dental visits to our doctors help maintain both oral and overall health. Dr. Bauer, Dr. Schumacher and Dr. Rummel are always happy to explain why visiting our dental office every six months is so important. But sometimes between normal dental checkups you may have questions or concerns about your oral health.
Here are 15 signs you should see a dentist from MouthHealthy.org:
- You have crowns, fillings, dental implants, dentures, etc.
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot or cold
- Your gums are puffy or they bleed when you brush or floss
- You don’t like the way your smile looks
- You have a persistent bad taste in your mouth or bad breath
- You’re pregnant
- You have difficulty chewing or swallowing
- You have pain or swelling in your face, neck or mouth
- You have a family history of tooth decay or gum disease
- You have a medical condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, eating disorders or are HIV positive
- You smoke or use tobacco products
- Your mouth is frequently dry
- You’re undergoing medical treatment such as radiation, chemotherapy or hormone replacement therapy
- Your jaw sometimes pops or is painful when opening and closing, chewing or when you first wake up
- You have a sore or spot that doesn’t feel right in your mouth and won’t go away
If any of our patients are ever unsure about whether they should come to visit our office, we’re always happy to answer any questions over the phone. Our dentists and dental team are happy to make time for our patients. Contact Schumacher & Bauer, DDS, today if you have any questions.
Source: MouthHealthy.org, “Questions About Going to the Dentist.”