Your smile is a big part of how you make a great first impression, so it’s important to take excellent care of your teeth to maintain a healthy smile. Plus, poor oral hygiene can drag down your self-esteem if you’re not feeling confident enough to smile. Brushing and flossing regularly, visiting our office twice a year for cleanings and other simple steps can help you keep your smile in great shape for years to come.
Five tips to keep your teeth in tip top shape for a healthy smile
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes. Use a toothpaste with fluoride and follow brushing with some mouthwash. Be sure to not brush too hard or use a toothbrush with hard bristles.
- Floss your teeth every day. Flossing removes bacteria from between your teeth to help prevent cavities and gum disease.
- A healthy diet with plenty of fiber and limited sugary drinks and food is an important step in keeping your smile healthy. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains are great choices for both your dental and overall health.
- Visit our dental office regularly for checkups and cleanings. We love to see you every six months to keep your teeth clean and check for cavities, gum disease and other potential dental health concerns.
- If you grind your teeth, get a mouthguard. Teeth grinding can damage your teeth as well as your gums.
In addition to these five tips, be sure to drink plenty of water to wash away bacteria. Using a tongue scraper to remove bacteria from your tongue is also a great way to keep your smile healthy.
If you have any questions about how to keep your smile in great shape, our team is always happy to answer questions! Or if you’re overdue for a regular cleaning, no judgements here: We’d love to get you in our schedule to make sure your teeth stay healthy and you feel confident in your smile and oral health. Contact us today to schedule your next dental appointment.