Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We’re excited to announce that we will be resuming routine patient care at Schumacher & Bauer, DDS on Wednesday, 5/20/2020. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Our office follows the updated infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
How this affects you:
- We request that you arrive to all visits in your own mask.
- Our waiting room capacity will be greatly reduced to facilitate social distance. If you arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time, we ask that you wait to enter the building until within 10 minutes of your appointment.
- A new check-in and confirmation process will be in place including a pre-appointment Covid-19 screening. We will require all of our patients to undergo a temperature check and utilize hand sanitizer immediately upon entering our facility per Ohio State Dental Board guidelines.
- Appointments will be staggered to help relieve congestion in the office and enable social distancing protocols. This may limit our ability to be flexible with some scheduling requests.
- Our clinical team will be utilizing additional protective equipment and techniques to reduce aerosols. All of our employees will be screened and pass temperature checks daily.
- Routine cleaning procedures will be done throughout the day in our common areas and special care will ensure you’ll be able to complete your dental visit safely and comfortably.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Our team will be contacting those of you whose appointments we needed to cancel to get your care back on track.
We’re grateful for your patience and understanding throughout all of this and look forward to welcoming you back.
Michael Schumacher, DDS Theodore Bauer, DDS